Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

I just made my annual trip to a scrapbooking retreat this past weekend.  I had posted about it here before, and if you follow me, then you know I always have a good time.  This weekend I walked away from the retreat feeling inspired by the women that I spoke to.  There are some strong and amazing women who attend this retreat, and I felt inspired to be more grateful for what I have and also empowered to challenge myself more.  I have to admit that I am pretty spoiled and blessed by a loving family, and I need to acknowledge that more.  I get too caught up in the negativity and the mundane.  It is good to get a wake up call when you lose your way, and this weekend really renewed my awareness of how fortunate I am.  Anyway, I rarely ever make Thanksgiving card, but I was inspired to make one when I saw this post by Lisa.  I love the beautiful colors of the maple leaves and had to create a card with them.  I have a maple leaf punch that I have not used in a while, so I decided to dig it out.  I used my score board to create some veins on the leaves.  I also use Distress ink on the edges of the leaves to create interest.
I layered white card stock with a stitched rectangle that I created with My Favorite Things Blueprint #13.  Then I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts Celebrate Everyday set before adding the leaves and sequins to the card.
Hope everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving, if you are in the US.  I love creating the Thanksgiving feast, so it is no surprise that it is one of my favorite holidays.  We end up celebrating twice, once with just us, and another time with the big family. More to be thankful for.


You might also like:

6 comments:

  1. I loved Lisa's card, too, and I think the maple leaf is a wonderful symbol of the season! Very nicely done with your added sequins! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lin, for visiting my blog and your kind comment.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card Linda :-) the leaves look fabulous and I love the stitched rectangle mat too ,,, very lovely :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorraine! I love using the stitched rectangle on my cards. It adds the right amount of detail to them.

      Delete
  3. Clean and crisp! I like cards like this. I too love this time of year. Love the colors on the leaves. Glad to be back in you inspiration path! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Sarah! We are in sync! Hope you have a Happy Thanksgving too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!