Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Season's Greeting

It is amazing what being with your crafty friends can do to your mojo.  I haven't seen or craft with my crafty friends since spring, and being with them for just a couple of hours really revved up my excitement toward paper crafting again.  I have been struggling for so long, and not really in the mood but after being with my friends, I couldn't wait to do something in my craft room despite it being late in the night.  Gotta love your crafty friends!  I have been wanting to use this Holly Berries stamp set from Simon Says Stamp by Clearly Besotted Stamps when I got it but life got in the way.  My crafty friends actually got to use it before me.  I know, I know.  Something I normally don't do but they saw it and I have a hard time saying no.  Anyway, I kept this card simple and love the way it came out.


I die cut a rectangle with Lil'Inker stitched rectangle die and stamped the branch with Distress inks.  I used water to draw out the colors and then stamped the pine cones.  Then I stamped the sentiment in black before adding it to the cardbase that I layered with red cardstock.  I finished the card with some glue and glitter on the branch and pine cone.  I loved the thickness of the glue to make it look like snow on the branch and pine cone.  Usually I avoid glitter, but I couldn't resist it in this case.


You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. Linda this is adorable why dont you join the challenge at blogland..this is so pretty coloring with that distress pen (I dont have it I have only Distress ink..dont know where to buy here in Germany LOL)What is the white pen beside your distress pen...and you have a lovely set of stamp...I adore your scene here...awesome card Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monika! Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such awesome comments. The Distress Ink pens are great for adding just a little color or darker color after watercoloring it out. Next to the Distress markers is a Wink of Stella brush and it is really great for adding some shimmer to your projects. It's beautiful under glossy accent.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!