Monday, November 24, 2014

Winter Wonderland

We got our first snow fall last week and that puts me in the mood for winter activities...read by the fire and snuggle by the fire...get the idea.  Ha!  :-D  Anyway, I have been seeing penquins everywhere and they are just too cute.  This penquin stamp is the only one that I own and I finally found the time to ink him up.  He is just too adorable!  And that igloo, love it!  They are from Avocado Art Smitten With You set which is exactly my sentiment for this set.  Of course, the squirrel stamp from AMuse Studio Stamp is adorable too and also, the only squirrel stamp I own.

 First, I stamped the penquin, igloo, scarf and mittens from Avocado Arts set and colored them in before cutting them out.  For the igloo, I drew in some Christmas lights to make it more festive.  Then I stamped the squirrel from Amuse Studio Stamp and color him in with markers before cutting him out.  I layered the card base with pattern paper from DCWV before cutting out some snow hills that I lightly colored with Copic B000 and colorless blender.  I placed the penguin, squirrel and igloo on the card with foam adhesive.  I stamped the sentiment from Papertrey Ink on pattern paper and cut banner tail on one side before adding some Distress ink on the edges and adhering it to the card.



You might also like:

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous wintry scene, Linda! The penguin and squirrel are so cute together. Thanks so much for playing along in my SquirrelFest Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! Love those critters! Thanks for having a fun challenge.

      Delete
  2. yaayyy cute squirell and lovely penguin ...they are making friends in winter wonder land..cute scene you made Linda...great idea with the snow and cute iglo house too...too cute card...I made also squirell card would be so glad if you could visiting me back Linda..hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Monika! It was so much fun making this card with these adorable critters. Just went to your site and I love your card and blogs. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!