Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Masculine Nature Scene Note Cards Set

I have been slowly creating some handmade gifts throughout the holiday season.  Though I have to admit, it was a slow process.  I'm always so self-conscious of my gifts and want them to be perfect and frankly, it reaches a point when nothing seems to be going right.  This is one of the projects that I struggled with, so don't look too close.  ;-D  With that said, I had to share the concept of it.  I created this for a male teacher in mind and Stampscapes is the company I turn to for masculine cards.

All the stamps I used are from Stampscapes.  First I stamped up all the images on white cardstock that was die cut with Lil'Inkers stitched rectangle die.  Then I used the blending tool to create a night scene with a variety of inks.  I ran another piece of white cardstock through the Fiskars Fuse with a Sizzix dot embossing folder and adhered it to the white cardbase.  I then adhered my stamped image to the card.
All three basic images had stars added to them with a white gel pen.
Card made with Stampscapes Seaside Dwellings(249E) stamp. 

 I didn't use any foam tape so that all six notecards with envelopes fit in the box.
Card made with Stampscapes Lakeside Cabin(147F) stamp.
Card made with Stampscapes Tree Clusters(244E) stamp.



I thought I tried two different color Distress ink for these trees.  I liked the way it came out but Honey didn't care for it since he felt that you would not see green in a night scene.  I told him it was artist interpretation.  ;-p
For the box, I created it using the We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board following the instructions from Jennifer McGuire's video.  I love my We R Memory Envelope Punch Board!  I used it several times already for the holiday mailings.  I'm so glad I got it with the holidays in mind.
Basically, I took a 9"x9" cardstock and punch and score at 3 1/2", and then punch and score at 4 1/2".  Then I rotate the cardstock 90 degrees and line up the punch pointer with the first score line and punch and score.  Then repeat for the second score line.  I did this last three steps two more times until all the sides of the cardstock was punched and scored.  I folded along the score lines and cut off two tabs at the top of the envelope box  and part of the two bottom tabs before adhering the box together.  The picture above showed what the box looked like before it was assembled. 

 The image I created for the front of the box was with stamps from Stampscapes(Lakeside Reflections Lg and Pine Row) as well.  I masked off the  white cardstock and used the blending tool and Distress ink to create some hills.  Then I stamped the trees before I used the blending tool to create the background night scene.  I stamped the Stampscapes buck before I adhered the stamped image to the box.  Overall, I like this notecard set even though I struggle with some aspect of it.  

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!