Sunday, December 28, 2014

Nativity Set Of Cards

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season.  A quick post of what I finally decided to send out this year.  This year I decided to sent out handmade cards to my family and crafty friends.  I don't always have the time to make cards but this year, I made time.  I love the Simon Says Stamp Nativity set and knew I wanted to use it for my holiday cards to my family.  I was itching to use my watercolors again and with this set,  I just went to town.  I created some variations of the same card just to keep it interesting for me.
First, I die cut some watercolor paper with My Favorite Things Pierced tags and Lil'Inker Stitched Oval dies.  Then I stamped and embossed the holy family and sentiment before I used my Sakura Koi travel watercolor box to watercolor the scene.
For the background, I ran white cardstock and a Stampin' Up Poinsettia embossing folder through my Fiskars Fuse before layering it on a white cardbase.
I adhered the tag with lots of foam tape.



For the inside, I stamped one of the sentiment from the same stamp set with the star.




You might also like:

8 comments:

  1. What a stunning card. I love this image, and the powerful message behind it. It's a perfect card for our challenges!

    Come play along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We're always Anything Goes, and we have AWESOME prizes each week. Right now, we have a $25 gift certificate to the Flying Unicorn Scrapbook Store! You can find us here:

    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! This is one of my favorite nativity sets and there are so many sentiments that are just perfect. Thank you also for letting me know about Word Art Wednesday, it looks like a fun and inspirational blog.

      Delete
    2. I'm absolutely delighted that you stopped by to share your talents with us. You are a very talented crafter, and we're blessed to have you share with us. I really look forward to having you play along in the weeks to come so that I can enjoy the talents God has given you. THanks for sharing!
      Bless you,
      Karen
      Word Art Wednesday

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Karen, for introducing me to Word Art Wednesday and your sweet comment. Blessings to you. -Linda

      Delete
  2. The central image is so outstanding, the colors vibrant and beautiful. The embossing makes it all so pretty. We really appreciate that you are posting art with us in this two week challenge, at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings to you and yours, Carole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carole! Your kind comment really made my day! I'm so happy to find Word Art Wednesday. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful cards!! You did a wonderful job with that SSS stamp set!! Very pretty!!

    Have a Happy New Year 2015!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Melissa! Love, love this nativity stamp set as well as Simon Says Stamp Challenges. Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!