Monday, December 22, 2014

Peace and Quiet

We are down to the wire and I am doing last minute holiday things like baking, and preparing menu for the holidays, as well as last minute gifts.  I'm not as stressed about it despite that.  Weird, I know.  I think it is probably because the most important things are done and now, it is just the extras.  Anyway, we had quite a bit of snow a couple of weeks ago, and it was beautiful.  It was the type of snow that sticks to the tree and stayed there even when the roads were cleared and just wet.  I love that!  Anyway, we really lucked out this year with all these wildlife in our own backyard.  We have two bucks, one eight pointer and one 6 pointer, that comes through a few time.  They are just gorgeous.  We used to see two young bucks together a few year ago and I hope it is them that we see now.  How lucky we are to see them up close.  I remember how fascinated by them I was when I moved here, but when they went after my tulips and garden with their girlfriends, my fascination decreased quite a bit.  :-)  Anyway, I have been wanting to create a winter scene for a while.  I finally got a chance when we watched one of our favorite holiday movies.  I love this In the Meadow stamp set from Papertrey Ink and thought it was perfect for what I had in mind.  I decided with a one layer card, especially since I have been dealing with mailing complications with multi-layered cards this past week.  What can I say, I love my foam tape and embellishments too much.

First, I cut some post-its to create hills and valley masks for applying Distress ink for the background.  Then I stamped the tree and deer.  I used my markers to create some shadow.  I stamped and embossed the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Peace On Earth set.  I was tempted to add some stars but I stopped myself.  I really love the crisp look of this scene.  Honey thought the tree looked 3-dimensional and loved the night scene.  He knows just the thing to say.  ;-)



You might also like:

3 comments:

  1. Your inking is FABULOUS, Linda! The shading of the snow and background are beautifully done! Love the simplicity! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Winter Inspiration” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Virginia! Your kind comment made my day! Happy Holidays to you!

      Delete
    2. You are welcome! Hope to see your beautiful work again! Happy New Year to you!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!