Monday, December 8, 2014

Skating By With Holiday Wishes

I remember some fond memories of skating with my friends when I was young, and this old stamp of mine from A Muse Studio with the squirrels skating brings me back to holding on to my friends, as we cruise along.  I have been pulling out a lot of my old stamps that requires coloring to play around with my Copics.  When I saw the Jolly and Merry stamp set from Mama Elephant, I knew I wanted to pair it up with my squirrels and whatever skater stamps I have.
First, I stamped and colored in the squirrels before fussy-cutting them out.  I used my Distress ink with my blending tool to create the ice skating rink on white cardstock.  Then I die cut a panel with the Lil' Inker oval stitched die and used it with the squirrels as guides as to where to stamp the sentiment.  I adhered the panel with the oval over the sentiment with foam tape and then added the squirrels with foam tape to the card.  Lastly, I adhered the card to the cardbase and added sequins to the card.

That's a lot markers for two tiny squirrels!  Yes, I need green Copics but these will have to do for now.  :-)

You might also like:

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely scene & beautiful memories. I love how paper crafting & card making can help us reflect upon our lives. Thank you SO much for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beverley, for stopping by and reading my post. Paper crafting is my kind of meditation and reflection time. It's so relaxing.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card Linda! I love the design and the images are adorable.
    Thanks for joining at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mandy! Love those squirrels!

      Delete
  3. such a gorgeous scene and wonderful colouring. Thanks for joining Uniko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandie! It was a lot of fun creating this card.

      Delete
  4. So cute. Those skating squirrels are way cute:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shannon! I love them too. Those squirrels were begging me to stamp and color them again; they're so cute.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!