Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Snowman Shaker Card

I love shakers cards!  They are just too much fun to make and to give.  I also had to include this snowman from Lawn Fawn Making Frosty Friends set.  I had bought the Papertrey Ink Shaker cards kit a while ago and have been using the dies but not for shaker cards, ironically.  Anyway, I decided to put it in full use here with the snowman.  He looked so good on his own that I decided to leave the sentiment for the inside.
First, I stamped the snowman along with his hat from Lawn Fawn and colored him in with markers.  I adhered him and some sequins onto pattern paper since I wanted some sequins mid-air.  Then I die cut the frames from Papertrey Ink with my Fiskars Fuse.  I adhered clear plastic onto the frame and added two layers of foam tape before adding the sequins.  I was so bummed that Lawn Fawn snowflake sequins were no longer sold and that is what I used in this shaker card.  Anyway, I added the card to a navy duplex card base.  
I really love silver sequins lately so I was happy to put some in this shaker card along with my snowflakes sequins.

You might also like:

16 comments:

  1. Such a cute shaker card! Thanks for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,Yuki! Love that Lawn Fawn snowman.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card Linda :-) I love shakers and this is so cute ! I love the snowman and the frame,, love the whole design of this ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorraine! Your kind comments made my day! :-)

      Delete
  3. one of my favorite lawn fawn sets! I love what you created with it :) thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp and lawnscaping challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jenn! Two of my favorite companies so I could not resist their challenges.

      Delete
    2. thank you as well for joining us at lawnscaping!!! :)

      Delete
    3. Love Lawnscaping too. Full of inspirational and awesome cards and projects! So glad that I found you!

      Delete
    4. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  4. Adorable shaker card! I love the silver sequins! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Samantha! I am addicted to silver sequins and have a yearning to add them to as many projects as possible. :-D

      Delete
  5. Such a fun, festive card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Audrey! It's easy to make fun cards with Lawn Fawn stamps. Love them!

      Delete
  6. Love this snowman
    ️Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping.
    Merry christmas :)
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this snowman too. Thanks for stopping by, Tamara.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!