Sunday, December 28, 2014

Super Thanks!

I got a subscription to the Simon Says Stamp monthly kit for Christmas this year.  Yay!  Santa must have thought I was a very good girl this year.  ;-)  LOL!  Anyway, I couldn't wait to dig into the Simon Says Stamp January 2015 Card Kit.  I also couldn't wait to use My Favorite Things BB You're Super stamp set that I got from my son for Christmas.  This is what happens when the two combine together.  Super fun!
First, I created my background with the city by stamping the city a few time and masking it when I used the blending tool to create colors of the sky.  The reason why I masked the city was because I wanted to add yellow to the windows to create a night scene.  Then I took a Spellbinder circle die and cut a circle window in the pattern paper from BoBunny in the card kit.  Love this purple pattern paper!  I placed both the background and window cardstock and adhered them to a white card base.  Then I stamped the girl and cut her out before coloring her in with Copic markers.  For the "super" sentiment, I stamped it on yellow cardstock along with the power flash(?) before cutting it out and adding some depth with Distress ink on the edges.

I cut a strip of blue cardstock and a strip of gray cardstock, both from the kit.  I stamped "thanks" on the gray cardstock and cut ribbon tails on one side.  Then I used some Distress ink to add some depth to the strips of cardstock before adhering them to the card.  I used foam adhesive to add the girl and the "super" to the card.  To finish the card, I added Wink of Stella to the "super" flash.



You might also like:

8 comments:

  1. Linda, this is bold, beautiful, and FABULOUS! Great coloring and background scene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betty! Your kind comment made my day!

      Delete
  2. This is SUCH a fabulous card! I love everything about it! Thank you so much for joining the Anything Goes Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jingle! I love this card too. It was so much fun to make. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Cool card. :) Love the background...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sanja! This was a fun background to make and it worked out great with the pattern paper.

      Delete
  4. I love what all you did on this Fabulous card!!!! That cityscape is Awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Heidi! It was my first time creating a cityscape and it was quite fun with masking. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!