Tuesday, December 9, 2014

White Christmas Shaker Card

It was beautiful outside, a couple of weeks ago, with the snow we got right before Thanksgiving.  As lovely as it was, I was ready for it to melt quickly, so I can get on with my holiday activities.  I love the look of snow on the trees and it was completely white out and sparkly too.  I love the look of white on white and decided to make one since I never made one before.  I love the stitched snowflakes form Lawn Fawn and had that on my wish list for a while.  I did treat myself to some supplies with all the black Friday special.  Now I know to leave some extra in the budget for this time of the year.  I feel like a baby in the papercrafting world, still learning and discovering all the new companies, products and designs.  Anyway, I do, however, know about Lawn Fawn and I couldn't wait to use this die.  
I've never seen this Hero Arts Stamp & Cuts set before, until black Friday, and I had to get it when I saw it.  I have been showing a lot of love toward my Fiskars Fuse lately due to stitched dies.  If you follow me, you know that I have been using my Silhouette Cameo a lot since I got it, and my Fiskars Fuse was getting a little bit lonely.  Anyway, I love combo products like this Hero Arts Stamp & Cut since I get the best of both worlds in one package AND it fed my word dies obsession.  So feeding both obsessions, stitched and word dies, I used them in this shaker card.  
First I die cut the snowflakes and sentiment using my Fiskar Fuse.  Then I cut a rectangle out of white cardstock to create a border for the vellum.  I created a little vellum pouch and added some sequins to it before gluing the border and sentiment and snowflake die cuts to it.  Before sealing the pouch, I glue some sequins in the pouch around the sentiment so that they remain up even when not shaken.  I used foam tape to add the vellum pouch to a white cardbase.  I added some Wink of Stella on the sentiment to finish the card.

UPDATE:  This card got Honorable Gnome in the Lawnscaping White On White Challenge.  Yay!!  Thanks for the honor.


You might also like:

16 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! SUCH a gorgeous card! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment, Jingle! I love the way it came out too.

      Delete
  2. GREAT take on the challenge! I love the shaker type card you made. Just FAB! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roxanne! This is a first attempt at a white on white card. What a fun challenge!

      Delete
  3. Love, love your white shaker card! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous!! Love your shaker card with the dies and vellum! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Christmas/Holidays” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Virginia! I had a fun time making this card.

      Delete
  5. Very pretty card

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome shaker card! I love the sequins! Thanks so much for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Samantha! I love the sequins behind the vellum too.

      Delete
  7. Shaker cards are always so much fun and yours is no exception! Great job. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christiana! It was so much fun making this card and easy with the vellum too. Another bonus!

      Delete
  8. Wonderful design and card! Love it!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!