Monday, January 26, 2015

Date Nights

I have been wanting to make a card with these cats from Mama Elephant's Purrfect Pair set since I got it for Christmas. They are just so adorable!  Recently, Honey and I were lucky enough to go out for dinner and I got this awesome noodle dish that I can't wait to get again.  Ever since then I have been on a noodle kick.  I love noodles and Asian noodle soup is just perfect for this weather.  So inspired again by real life event, I create this card for Honey.  Hope he is not reading this.  ;-)  
I decided to create a shaker card since I love this heart die set that came with Papertrey Ink's Shaker and Sprinkles kit and thought it was perfect for a Valentine's card.  I love the classic pairing of a red heart with white scallops around it so I had to recreate it.  First, I layered a white cardstock with red pattern paper from Martha Stewarts Christmas paper pad.  I love that I can still use my Christmas paper.  Then I die cut the scallop heart with white cardstock and stamped my scene with the cats and noodle bowl before coloring them with my Copic markers.  I die cut a sheet of clear acetate with the scallop heart die.  Then I die cut a red heart with stitched lines and glue the inner heart of the clear acetate on it.  I then die cut 3 foam stitched hearts and glue them together to the top heart to create height for the shaker.  The Papertrey Ink's dies made it easy to layer up and create the shakers.  I added sequins before gluing the hearts together.



You might also like:

5 comments:

  1. Precious, precious, precious! I LOVE that stamp set, but haven't gotten it (yet ;) )! I love your vard and it's perfect for Valentine's Day! Thank you for joining us in the MarkerPop Valentine's Day Challenge! And I see you posted it in my Flickr Shaker Cards Only group, too - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I made a mistake; that's not your card in the Flickr Gallery. If you use Flickr at all, please join! https://www.flickr.com/groups/2661265@N24/

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Valerie! Your kind comment put a big smile on me today! Thanks! Also, thanks for letting me know about the Flickr group, it looks fun. I keep on seeing what people do with the different stamps and my wish list keeps getting longer. :D Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely adorable! I love this shaker!!! So cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog for the Have A Heart Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jingle! It was fun to make.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!