Tuesday, January 27, 2015

It Moose Be Love

I have to admit that the first time I went to Vermont, I was so excited to see moose crossing signs.  I was expecting to see them left and right.  Guess what?  In all the years, I have gone to Vermont, I have yet to see one.  I love Vermont so I have gone a lot.  Maybe, one day.  For now, I will have to settle for them on paper.  This stamp set from Lawn Fawn, Critters In the Arctic, was on my wish list as soon as I saw the moose and owl.  When I was making this card, I had to Google images of moose so I got a female and male moose since I wasn't sure if males are the only ones with a horn rack.  :-D  I just thought it was funny that I actually research this for a card.  Anyway, love this moose from Lawn Fawn and the sentiment is right up my alley of cutesy play on words.

For the background, after I drew some light pencil lines, I lined up XO letters from Lawn Fawn Milo's ABC set and stamped it over and over again.  I erased the pencil marks before running the heart die from Lil' Inker die set through the Fiskars Fuse.  Then I glue acetate onto the heart window before I stamped the sentiment on pink cardstock.  I added confetti that I die cut from Mama Elephant confetti die and gold and red foil cardstock, before layering it onto the cardbase with foam tape to create the shaker.  I stamped and colored the moose before fussy-cutting them out and adding them to the card.



You might also like:

10 comments:

  1. ACK! Another awesome one! I love, love, love it! Beautiful coloring on those cute Lawn Fawn moose images!I don;t have that LF stamp set either, but darnit, you're adorabe card makes me want this one, too! Thanks again for joining us in our MP Valentine's Day Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie! Those moose are just too cute to resist. :)

      Delete
  2. So stinkin' sweet. Those moose are so dear. hahaha. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Misty! Love those moose too.

      Delete
  3. aw! love this!!!! those little moose (meese?) in love are SO adorable!! lovely coloring, too!! and i especially LOVE that XO in the background!! so awesome! absolutely beautiful card! thanks for playing along this week with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment, Samantha! I had a fun time making this card and love the way it came together. Thanks for visiting. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh this is fabulous and the cute mooses.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! I love the moose they are adorable! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!