Monday, January 19, 2015

Love You!

I love the whole Birdie Brown collection from My Favorite Things and this girl from Sweet Birthday Wishes is one of my favorites.  I love coloring her dress, it reminds me of a phase my niece went through when she was a little girl.  She would insist on wearing a dress even when the weather was 10 below with the wind.  Getting tights on her was an event in itself.  Thank goodness, they got on her since she had to walk about 5 blocks to daycare/preschool.  I have to admit that she looked so adorable in her dress and tights.   Anyway, I color this Birdie Brown girl in purple and carrying a box of chocolate since I have Valentine on my mind.

Using the sketch from the MFT sketch challenge, I layered a white cardbase with pink and red cardstock.  Then I die cut a rounded stitched rectangle on pattern paper with Lawn Fawn Stitched Journaling die before placing it on the card.  I stamped the sentiment from Avery Elle Lots of Love set in red and cut ribbon tails on the strip of cardstock before adhering it onto the card with foam tape.  
 Then I stamped the Birdie Brown girl from My Favorite Things Sweet Birthday Wishes set and fussy-cut and color her before adding a punched out heart that I heat embossed a sentiment stamped with the same Avery Elle set.  I adhered her onto the card with foam tape before adding some hearts die cut with Mama Elephant's confetti die and red mirror cardstock.  I felt something was missing so I added some pink Distress ink on the edges of the pink cardstock.

You might also like:

4 comments:

  1. AWE this is sooo cute!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heidi! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. I like to wear dresses, too! Love how you removed the cupcake and added in the heart. Very inventive, Linda!

    Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comment, Susan! It is fun trying to come up new ways to use her in my cards. P.S. I love dresses too, especially in the spring time. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!