Monday, January 26, 2015

One Design, Three Occassions

I have been wanting to make a card with banners for the longest time.  I always love how festive it looks.  I like to hang up banners and festive decorations around the house during different holidays and birthdays so it was a matter of time that I make a card that is festive too.  Well, I made three.  I kept it simple and pull out my much neglected punches for this project.  I have to admit that ever since the major reorganization of my craft room, I have been more conscious of the stuff I have and have been using them as much as possible.
First, I layered a white card base with red card stock that was die cut from My Favorite Things Blueprint 13.  Then I stamped the lines with Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine set and the sentiment from Hero Arts Celebrate Everyday set on white cardstock.  For the birthday card, I cut strips of different color card stock and used a square punch to create banner tails before cutting it to size.  For the Valentines and New Year's card, I punched out hearts and 1/2" circle respectively.  I glued them on all the banners.
I stamped a cupcake from Inkadinkadoo set inside.

For the inside, I stamped the birds from Inkadinkadoo set.  Love these birds.  They crack me up.

I stamped on each circle with an apple blossom stamp in gold ink before gluing them.  I felt that I needed to add some more gold, so I adhered some gold sequins.  On the inside, I stamped a sheep for the year of sheep for 2015.


Challenges/Giveaway:
- Simon Says...Have A Heart Challenge

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. Love your bright and colourful banner cards.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo! These were fun to make.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!