Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Show Me The Love: Valentine Surprise Box

I love the boxes I made for the holidays so much, that I had make them for Valentine's day, but filled with a love note.  I love this bunny set from Mama Elephant and got it for Christmas from my son.  Yes!  I had to use it for Valentine's day.  
I created this box in Silhouette Studio and cut it out since I had to make so many, but you can create this by hand.   If you would like the Silhouette Studio file for this, click here.


If video does not play, click here for the video.
I created a video to show you how to make it by hand.  I have to say that I have great respect for people who make videos.  They are so time consuming to edit, especially for a newbie like me.  Maybe one day, it would not be a big deal once I get the hang of it.  Cheers to the crafty video makers!

  To make this box by hand, take a 8"x8 1/2" cardstock and score on the 8" side at 1 1/2", 3 1/2", 5", and 7".  On the 8 1/2" side, score at 1/2", 2", 6 1/2" and 8".  Cut out the parts show in above picture.  Then cut a 3 1/4 x 1/4" slot on the top flap.  The box should look like the picture below.  



After the base box is made, I used pattern paper from Recollections to decorate it.  The pattern paper used are 2(1.25"x4.25") and 2(1.75"x1.25") for the side of the box and 2(4.25"x0.5") for the top of the box, above and below the slot.

 
I created a tag by folding a 6"x3" in half and cut the corners.  Then I stamped the bunnies and sentiment from Mama Elephant set and color in the tails.
I took 3"x8 1/2"printer paper and stamped some hearts from Hero Arts on it before attaching it to the inside of the tag.





Challenges/Giveaway:
Simon Says...Have A Heart Challenge

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
You might also like:

4 comments:

  1. A lovely fun card Linda, I love your design and pretty papers........your tag element with the bunnies are adorable!!!

    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! It was fun to make!

      Delete
  2. Awww this is really cute and clever.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo! I appreciate your comment.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!