Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Show Me The Money!

Just a quick share of what I gave out for the holidays.  I'm catching up with blogging what I made over the holiday season.  Anyway, I originally saw the idea of a money box on Pinterest using a tissue box and I wondered if anybody made a box to do the same thing.  I have to say, "I love You Tube"!  You can find almost any tutorial on there.  This was the video that I watched to get the measurements for the box.  I made these for my neices and nephews since I thought it would be fun to watch them pulling loads of money out.  I got a lot of dollar bills from the bank after I made these boxes.
 These were easy and fun to make.  I did draw this out on my Silhouette Studio so it was a breeze to put together but you can do it all by hand.  I will give you quick directions with measurements.  Take a 8"x8 1/2" cardstock and score on the 8" side at 1 1/2", 3 1/2", 5", and 7".  On the 8 1/2" side, score at 1/2", 2", 6 1/2" and 8".  Cut on part of the score lines to get this shape.  I follow the video to do this.  It should look like the photo below which is future glimpse of my Valentine project.

After the base box was made, I used pattern paper from Recollections to decorate it.  The pattern paper used are 2(1.25"x4.25") and 2(1.75"x1.25") for the sides of the box.  For the Christmas boxes, I used my Silhouette to cut the slit on pattern paper for me, but you can use your craft knife to do this.

I taped money to the tag with ribbon that I stamped with a sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Peace On Earth set.
I rolled the bills before placing it into the box.
This is what it looks like when you pull on the ribbon.  I had to make them for our boys too.  They were thrilled too.
Below is a video of me pulling it all out, unedited, and no helper on hand.  They're too busy playing with their Christmas goodies.  Can't say I blame them.  :-)



You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!