Sunday, January 4, 2015

Thanks For Everything You Do

I have to admit that this is one of my favorite pattern paper from the Simon Says Stamp January 2015 card kit.  I wanted to use the whole sheet but 6x6 would not work with the cuties I wanted to put on the card.  The cuties I have in mind are from Penny Black.  I have Penny Black stamps from way back when I started stamping, but one thing I don't have are their "transparent" stamps.  I thought I give them a try, especially since I love their Mimi and Friends collection among other things.  I have been purchasing only photopolymer stamps, unless it is a background stamp, then I will get them in cling.  I have been mindful of the space in my craft room since my stamp collection have grown quite a bit this past two years.  Anyway, the Penny Black stamps did work okay with Memento ink since I was using my Copics to color them.  The funny thing was my 9 year old son used these stamps before me.  He couldn't wait to ink them up and was quite happy with his coloring job.  Anyway, I love the way Mimi turned out and have been waiting for the right background to put her in.  This BoBunny pattern paper was perfect and absolutely beautiful.  I have to see if I can recreate this with my Distress ink, I just love the colors in this.

First, I layered the pattern paper onto a white cardbase and added snow hills with hand cut white cardstock.  Then I stamped and cut Mimi and her cat before coloring them both in.  I used them as guides to stamp the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Hand Lettered Winter Wishes set.  Then I adhered Mimi and her cat with glue and foam tape before adding the snowflakes die cuts from Lawn Fawn Stitched Snowflakes dies. 


You might also like:

3 comments:

  1. i LOVED this paper too :) what you did with it is fabulous :) and those stamps are wicked cute! thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the awesome comment, Jenn! Totally put a big smile on my face for the day. I might have to buy an extra of this paper pad to satify my hoarding tendencies. :-D

      Delete
  2. AWE this is sooooo Adorable!!!!! Love it all!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!