Sunday, January 11, 2015

Thanks So Much

This year, I shamelessly asked for craft supplies for Christmas, because though, my family knows how much I love papercrafting, I do not receive any gifts related to it, not even a gift card to a craft store.  My husband just chimed in that he did surprised me with my ATG gun a couple of years ago.  Okay, I will give him credit for that, but that was it.  Anyway, this year I decided to be more assertive about what I want because dropping hints just doesn't work.  LOL!  I'm so excited by my huge stash and found myself just staring at them in their shiny new packages with pure joy.  :-D  Yup, just like a kid in a candy store.  I am savouring them nice and slowly.  So here is one of my new stamps I got, called Rounded Diamonds, and it is from Avery Elle.  I've never gotten a stamp from them but after taking the Stretch Your Stamp 2 online card class, I saw so many fun uses for this set and had to get it to experiment with the different designs.  They also have other awesome potopolymer stamps and product, but I thought I wet my feet with this set first.  If you don't know them, they have a cool website and challenge blog you can check out.  Anyway, since this is for the Avery Elle paper piecing challenge, I thought I try making this into a flower.  I was inspired by my son reading to me about moonflowers, a couple of days ago.  How fascinating that they bloom at night to attract moths to pollinate them.  The things you learn with kids.  Love it!

I am still very much enamored with the pattern papers from the Simon Says Stamp January 2015 card kit and decided to use it along with trying something new; stamping a sentiment with versamark ink and placing Perfect Pearl over it.  First, I layered the white cardbase with pattern paper and purple cardstock.  Then I die cut a circle on the aqua cardstock before stamping the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Hand Lettered Winter Wishes set with versamark ink and adding Perfect Pearl Grape Fizz over it.  It added a nice little shimmer to the sentiment and I was surprised how well it came out.  Might have to use this technique more often for sentiments.  I adhered this panel to the card.
 I stamped one of the rounded diamond shapes on pattern paper from the same card kit and fussy-cut it out small enough for it to fit the circle.  I arranged the "petals" on the card and punched out a 1/2" circle from a different pattern paper for the center before adhering them to the card with foam tape.  I finished the card with sequins and curling up the petals.

You might also like:

4 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL and CREATIVE pairing of your stamps and dies! That flower is so original and pretty! I love the use of BoBunny paper, too! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Something New” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Virginia! The Rounded Diamond set from Avery Elle is so versatile and so much fun to play with.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! I'm so glad you got what was on your Christmas wishlist! And yes, it sure does help to be assertive:) I love the beautiful flower you created. Way to stretch your stamps. Thanks for playing along with us at the AEI♥U Challenge. Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!