Monday, February 2, 2015

Day 1 of Clean&Simple4: Happy Anniversary

I am taking the Clean and Simple4: Technique Made Simple online card class and on the first day, we focused on embossing.  I have to admit that I love the look of heat embossed cards but not the process.  I often struggle with getting a clean embossed look with no warping of the paper so I don’t practice it as much as I should.  Anyway, I decided to CASE Kristina’s card.  I love the idea of shadowing the embossed images with ink. 
 Since I just got my Simon Says Stamp February Card Kit, I couldn’t wait to use it so I decided to use it for this class.  I love this grouping of hearts which made it easy to make the background.  Since I needed anniversary cards for this year, I thought I use the sentiment from Winnie and Walter The Big, The Bold and The Happy set.  
 I like the subtle color of Memento Angel Pink ink to create a border and shading.  Also, I decided to use the Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder and I like the way it melts smoothly.



You might also like:

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME class work, Linda! I love your use of the stamps and take with the CAS card class! You've got an A +! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Virginia! Your comment made me smile. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, sherecrew! I really like the end results too.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!