Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Day 4 of Clean And Simple Class: Another Anniversary Card

On Day 4 of the Clean and Simple 4: Technique Made Simple online card class, we focused on adding texture.  I dabbled in cross stitched and the thought of doing it on a card sounds like too much, but once I started on this card, it went pretty quickly.  Also, since I am currently working on a quilt, the idea of getting out the needle and thread for this was not that appealing even though I like the look.  I’m actually taking this class as a break from my quilting.   I was surprised once again by how much I liked it.  Funny, how the two worlds are crossing over.
 Anyway, I’m still on my stash building of anniversary cards so I pulled out my sentiment from Hero Arts Everyday Sayings set.  I traced die cuts from Lil’Inker stitched heart dies and chose two different sizes to give it some interest.  

I did not have pink embroidery thread so I used my Copic RV00 marker and color my white embroidery thread to make my own.  I was all proud of myself for using one of the techniques I learned from the Copic Online card class and saving myself a trip to the store.    
You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. How smart of you to color your white thread with a marker, Linda! The thread really does add a nice texture without too much bulk! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday "Anything Goes" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lin! It was fun making this card.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!