Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Day 5 of Clean And Simple 4: Super Hugs!

On Day 5 of the Clean and Simple 4: Technique Made Simple online card class, we were shown some inking tricks.  I used the direct to paper technique and I was thinking exactly what Kristina pointed out, this is a waste of ink but she is right, I have so many inks that I don’t really use enough of.  Anyway, I decided to use this Encore metallic pigment ink that I have not use in ages even though I should be using dye based ink.  I thought I give it a try.  It did take a long time to dry but since it was late in the night, I stopped at this point for it to dry overnight.  
I haven’t made a shape card in a while, so it was fun to make this circle card by hand instead of using my Silhouette Studio.  Also, I pulled out my other Encore Metallic inks that I have not used in a while to use with all these border stamps.  This is what I love the most about these online card classes, besides learning some cool techniques, I actually use my stash and often rediscover a love for certain images and sets.

You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card - the circle design works great with the theme.

    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caryn! I love this superhero!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!