Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Day 6 of Clean And Simple 4 class: Floral Anniversary Card

It was a nice surprise to have a Day 6 of theClean and Simple 4: Technique Made Simple online card class where we were shown projects done with five products.  I thought I create this simple background that Tasnim showed us.  Her card looked so elegant that I wanted to try it out with some new floral stamps that I got for Christmas.
I used my set WPlus9 Small Peonies set to create the floral arrangement.  I have to admit that I went a little crazy coloring this since I was pre-occuppied with watching the superbowl.  I was following Dawn Woleslagle's technique in giving these flowers more dimension.  I have to explore this technique some more but it was fun coloring them.
I used the sentiment from Hero Arts Everyday Sayings and stamped and embossed on black cardstock.  I finished the card with some gold sequins.  I really like the colors in this card the more I look at it.

You might also like:

4 comments:

  1. This is stunning sweetie I especially love how you have added the black panel for the words really pops out, thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this time hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pops! I like the way this card turned out too with the sentiment on black.

      Delete
  2. This card is gorgeous. I love the subtle background. Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheiron! The background was so simple and perfect for these flower arrangements. I love the way that came out.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!