Monday, February 9, 2015

Floral Mother's Day Cards

Hello everyone!  I know that I am a tad bit early.  :-D  But I couldn't help it when I pulled out this Wplus9 Pretty Peonies set and started to use it.  I immediately thought of spring and that lead to thoughts of my mothers and how they both have the green thumb.  Anyway, I saw Dawn's video on using Copic colorless blender and markers on roses and I had to try it on these flowers since I don't have the rose set yet.  It proved to be a lot harder since I had to look up what peonies look like in nature.  My peonies look more like roses to me, so forgive me, if it doesn't have all the variation and coloring of a true peony.
I stamped the peonies with both Memories red ink and Hero Arts Neon pink ink since that is the only inks I have.  I inked up in Memories ink first and stamp off before inking again with Neon pink ink.  This process muted the color of the flowers and leaves.  These inks worked with the colorless blender in removing some of the color.  I stamped the inside of the flowers using the same technique of ink blending, before coloring with my Copic markers, R29 and R39.  I did the same thing with the leaves, using YG17 and YG67.  This whole process was quite relaxing to me and I loved the results.  As you can see, I created two cards since I couldn't stop at one.

For the sentiment, I die cut the "happy" with Mama Elephant dies three times on black cardstock and adhered them together.  Then I stamped the other part of the sentiment from Winnie&Walter's The Big, The Bold and The Happy set on pink cardstock.  I added the sentiment to the card before adding it to the cardbase layered with black cardstock.  I finished the card with some gems.

The card above and below are first attempt at this technique and layout.

Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!


You might also like:

6 comments:

  1. This is a lovely Mother's Day card, Linda! Love your mixed sentiment and the pretty flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lin! This card was fun to make and it puts me in the mood for spring.

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous creation, love the colours that you have chosen, thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this time, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pops! I had a fun time coloring these flowers!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card; I LOVE Wplus9 stamps; oh how I WISH we carried them in our store! Thanks so much for joining us over at MarkerPop for our Anything Goes Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val! I wish that you carry them too since they are one of my favorites now.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!