Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Floral Congrats

Hello everyone!  I have been trying hard to use the stamps that are in my stash lately.  I am making it a rule that I have to use a new stamp at least five times before I can put it away properly so I am going back to my stash that I recently bought and applying that rule.  Also, I don't want to forget about the stamps I purchased so I have been resurrecting them and applying new techniques to them.  No worries, I still have a long wish list that is waiting for the next shopping spree.  :-D  Anyway, I got this Winnie and Walter The Big, The Bold and Extras set a while ago and have used it several times but since it is part of a versatile series, it is one of my "go-to" sentiment sets but not really for the roses.  I decided to use the roses and try applying color to them with Distress markers and Wink of Stella.  I learned this from Jennifer McGuire's video.
First, I stamped the roses and leaves in Memento Black ink and then color them with Distress markers on the edges and used Wink of Stella to draw out the color.  Then I stamped the sentiment from the Winnie and Walter The Big, The Bold and You set.  I finished the card by adhering it to the cardbase layered with pink cardstock and adding sequins.
I love how sparkly the flowers turned out.


Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

You might also like:

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!