Monday, March 23, 2015

Happy Easter

Hello everyone!  Happy Spring! Unfortunately for us, we got snow instead of flowers on the first day of spring.  So I had to bring tulips into my craft room.  I got this Penny Black stamp a long time ago and always love the tulips in it.  I have been masking off the sentiment so I can put my own sentiment, though I do love tulips.  Tulips always bring fond memories and feelings that spring is here and summer not far off. 
craftcatioin.blogspot.com: Happy Easter with Penny Black Love Tulip stamp

For this simple card, I layered a white cardbase that is 4.25" x 4.25" with pattern paper from Lawn Fawn Let's Polka.  Then I stamped the tulips twice after masking off the sentiment in black Memento ink.  I used my Copic markers to color the images.  I fussy cut some of the petals on the tulips and adhered them to the other complete tulip with foam tape to give some of the petals on the tulips dimension.  I added the card to the cardbase and Wink of Stella on the tulips.  I used some letter stickers to create my sentiment on the banner.
craftcatioin.blogspot.com: Happy Easter with Penny Black Love Tulip stamp

I wanted the focal point on the tulips so I finished the card with some scattered gems. I love how the tulips came out.  I did color these tulips for Kathy Racoosin's 30 Day Coloring Challenge.  This is a fun challenge since you get to do something creative everyday.  I usually color something since that is very relaxing to me.

Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Linda! The Tulips are so elegant and pretty, and you have coloured them beautifully.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mandy! I love the way the tulips came out.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!