Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sending You Sunshine

Hello everyone!  With all the gray weather and snow, we can all use some sunshine and warmth around here.  I decided to pull out my embossing folder for this card too, since it has been a while.  I tried to color this Birdie Brown Sunflower Sweetheart from My Favorite Thing in a way to give her a tan.  How I long for the hot sun and the idea of getting a tan is so tantalizing.  Can you tell I am ready for the summer?!
craftcation.blogspot.com: Sending You Sunshine card with My Favorite Things Sunflower Sweetheart
First, I layered my cardbase with white cardstock embossed with Sizzix flower embossing folder.  Then I used pattern papers from Simon Says Stamp March Card Kit to add to the card based on the MFT card sketch.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from the same MFT Sunflower Sweetheart set.  Then I stamped both the bird and my girl and colored them both with Copic markers.
craftcation.blogspot.com: profile of Sending You Sunshine card with My Favorite Things Sunflower Sweetheart
I add the bird and girl onto the card with foam adhesive.  I am thinking that I keep this card for me to remind me that spring is right around the corner.  ;-D


Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

You might also like:

3 comments:

  1. Oh how FABULOUS! Love the coloring and dry embossed details! Each element is so nicely done! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Special Lady/Girly” Challenge! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All Things Embossed” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just perfect! The bright happy colors make me hopeful that Spring is right around the corner! Thank you for playing along with the MFT Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!