Sunday, March 1, 2015

Thinking Of You

Hello everyone!  I have been in a floral mood lately, especially since I am surrounded by snow.  This winter has been relentless, and I am really ready for some warmth and flowers.  Just last week, we were all exclaiming how warm it was when the temperature reached 30 degrees and the whole family got out to enjoy the sunshine and warmth.  How sad is that when 30 degrees is considered warm!  Anyway, I pull out my Lawn Fawn Penelope's Blossoms for this card since Lawn Fawn's style always cheers me up with bright colors and cuteness.  I was also inspired by Jennifer McGuire's video of using white pigment ink on kraft paper.  I love the look of white on kraft paper.

I decided to mask off part of the kraft cardstock with a heart stencil I created with a Lil' Inker stitched heart die.  I stamped the flowers with Simon Says Stamp white pigment ink.  Then I used Prismacolor pencil to color the flowers and the white color pencil to color in the heart shape.  I mounted the kraft card onto the card base layered with pink cardstock.   
 I used Simon Says Stamp thinking of you die to create the sentiment and apply it to the card before adding the pearls to finish the card.


Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

You might also like:

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!