Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Floral Notecards Set

Hello everyone!  I am still playing with Wplus9 Pretty Peonies set and you might have seen one of these cards on Instagram since I sent one of these a while ago.  I originally intended to give these set of cards as gifts but loved them so much that I kept them in my stash.  :-D  I am making more when I get some time since I know my mother-in-law will love them.
First I stamped the peonies and foliage in Memento inks(Angel Pink, Rose Bud, Dandlion, Pear Tart, New Sprout and Bamboo Leaves).  Then I used Copic markers to highlight the colors and shadow of the flowers and leaves.  You can watch Dawn Woleslagle's Copic technique on Youtube on how to do this.  I just love watching her videos and seeing her projects, super talented! 
 I used different sentiments on the cards for variety.  They are from Winnie and Walters The Big, The Bold and You and Simon Says Stamp Hand Lettered Winter Wishes sets.
I added some gems to finished some of the cards.  I love the little drop of bling on the card, like dew on the flowers.
 I also varied each card a little in where I stamped the flowers and how many of them.
I love how brilliant these flowers looked enhanced with Copic coloring.
Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. Linda what a beautiful set of cards. Must make some myself. I have the flower sets there just keep procrastinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a wonderful set of cards, I would find it a hard job to part with them.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!