Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Hello

Hello everyone!  Since I live in a house full of boys, I had to get this stamp set from Avery Elle called Fly By.  The boys love going to the Fly-in at the airport where planes and occassionally, helicopters fly in for a breakfast.  We get to see all types of interesting planes and I, for one, love seeing the biplanes.  More fascinating than that are the conversations we have with the pilots and the people we meet.  It is usually an event that we look forward to going to and they even had a stunt competition that just amazed us one year.  Anyway, I love this set and using the Distress inks to create a watercolor effect for the sky and coloring the plane.  
First I stamped the plane, clouds and the sentiment onto watercolor paper.  I used Distress ink and water to color the images, Stormy Sky for the plane and China Blue for sky.  Then I rounded the corners before layering it with pattern paper from Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine 6x6 pad.  I placed the card onto a cardbase layered with yellow pattern paper.  I finished the card with some sequins.


Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

Challenges/Giveaway:
- Avery Elle: Watercolor Challenge


You might also like:

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your watercolored sky BG!!! Turned out fantastic!! Thanks for playing along with the AEI♥U challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!