Monday, April 6, 2015

Omm...Yum!

Hello everyone!  Since it is spring break, I have my mind on the beach, especially with summer planning going on here.  The Simon Says Stamp Work Out set is still one of my favorites to color, especially since I met some fitness friends.  I remember seeing workout videos set on the beach and I've thought it must be so fun and relaxing simply by being there.  I also remember having breakfast while I was watching these videos.  :-D  I know that it kind of defeats the purpose, but I just remember how much fun it was watching someone else sweat and learning new moves.  Usually I take note of the exercise to try later in my own exercise routine.  Anyway, I decided to put my yoga girl on the beach and getting distracted very easily since it is her birthday.  This scene was so much fun to create.

I used Lawn Fawn Milo's ABC to create the sentiment first on a stitched rectangle die cut from MFT Blueprint 13 and added the dots with a black Micron pen.  Then I drew in the thought bubble after coloring and fussy cutting the yoga girl and cupcake from Fiskars The Sweet Life set.  I used Lawn Fawn Life Is Good to create the beach scene.  For the sand, I stamped with Desert Sand Memento ink and for the ocean, I used Summer Sky Memento ink.  I used my Copic markers(B000 and B00 for sky,  B12 and B14 for the ocean and E00 and E11 for the beach) to color the background in.   
After the background was created, I added the girl and cupcake to the card with foam tape before adding it to a white cardbase.  I had such a fun time creating this scene and card, and really love the way it came out.


Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. hahahahah this is such a clever card!!! :) so great! thank you for playing a long with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee!!!! Tooooo cute and funny!!! Thank you for joining us over at MarkerPop! for our Anything Goes Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!