Monday, April 20, 2015

Watercolored Happy Birthday

Hello everyone!  I have been wanting to make this card eversince I've got this background stamp from Hero Arts called Looped Circle Pattern.  I have been having fun with my watercolors and couldn't wait to use it with this stamp.  I made the background during Kathy's Coloring Challenge and finally put it together for a card.    
I stamped and heat embossed the background with Versamark ink and white embossing powder on watercolor paper.  I used my Koi watercolor set to color the background.  Then I die cut the happy sentiment from Mama Elephant several times and glue it all together before placing it on the card. Then I stamped and heat-embossed the birthday sentiment on vellum and glue it to the card on top of the happy sentiment.  I placed the card onto a cardbase layered with black cardstock.  Then I finished the card with a heart die cut on the sentiment made from Mama Elephant confetti die.
I love the bright colors in this simple card.


Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

You might also like:

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! Such a pretty background!! Love this!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!