Monday, April 27, 2015

You Are Amazing

Hello everyone!  I love playing with WPlus9 Pretty Peonies and the simple beauty of these flowers remind me of my mother.  With Mother's Day coming up, I kept this card simple for my mother since that is exactly what she likes.  My mother is amazing, and I am sure many people feel the same way about their mother.  However, my mother did not have a typical childhood or motherhood, and as an adult and a mother, I've come to realize how strong and amazing she is.  She, of course, would dismiss it and say that everything she did was simply something that had to be done.  I will not disclose her whole story but she has escaped communism twice, once as a child of 9 and again as a mother, and got us all out to freedom safely.  I remember bits and pieces of our journey since I was so young, and continue to discover more of it through my siblings.  I am truly blessed to have a mother whose strength and will are beyond measures.  This is a big shout out to my mother and all the single mothers out there, like my Mom; remember that you are AMAZING!  Thank you and love you, Mom!
I stamped the flowers and stems with Memento inks before using my Koi watercolor set to color in the flowers.  Below are the stamps and inks(Angel Pink and Pear Tart), I used to stamp the flowers.
 I bent the stamps for the stems to give it a natural look.  Since the stamps images are sketchy, I used my watercolor to fill them in when I was coloring.

Then I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Inside & Out Sayings set on a strip of vellum.  I wrapped the sentiment around the card before rounding the corners and attaching it to a white cardbase.  I also rounded the corners on the card before adding some pearls to finish the card.
I love this Pretty Peonies set from Wplus9 for simple cards.

Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

You might also like:

4 comments:

  1. That is just stunning - the colours pop against the white - very pretty.
    Thanks for sharing your awesome creation with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    hugs,
    Caryn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caryn! This set from WPlus9 makes gorgeous flowers! I love playing with them!

      Delete
  2. Your mother certainly does sound amazing! I was wondering how you made this with watercolor? You stamped which flower? The base one? then you watercolored it? I'm trying to figure out your technique for this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacquie! I updated the post with pictures to show that I used the outline of the peonies stamp along with the ink colors I used. Then I used watercolors to create shadows and highlights as I was coloring them in. The stamps just created an outline of the images for me to color. Since I used a color ink, it created a no-line watercolor effect. I hope this helps. Thank you for your kind comment and for stopping by. Happy crafting! -Linda

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!