Sunday, May 31, 2015

Yay! It's Your Day! Father's Day Card

Hello everyone!  With Father's Day approaching, I decided to make a card for my father-in-law following the Freshly Made Sketch for this week.  I like the Big Birthday Wishes stamp set's sentiments that came with my May 2015 card kit, especially the "YAY!", since I could use it for other events.  I love these kits and look forward to them each month.
 First, I lined up the three sentiments from Simon Says Stamp Big Birthday Wishes, Hero Arts It's Your Day and Celebrate Everyday sets on my MISTI before inking it up Kaleidacolor Blue Breeze ink pad.  I got this ink pad more than 15 years ago.  It works great still, even though I have never re-inked it.  Awesome bean, right?!  Anyway, I stamped the sentiment on a stitched rectangle made with a Lil' Inker Stitched Rectangle die.  I placed the card onto the cardbase layered with embossed XO's made with Cuttlebug Hugs and Kisses embossing folder.

 I placed some stitched star die cuts made with Lil' Inker Stitched Stars dies onto the card before adding Wink of Stella and Liquid Lacquer onto them.  Then I finished the card with sequins.


Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. I love your mix of sentiments - this is a great design, Linda! Love that xoxoxo embossing, too, it adds such a charming touch! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this fresh and clean take on a man card! The texture is fab and I love those stars! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!