Tuesday, May 19, 2015

You're My Super Hero Father's Day Card

Hello everyone!  I just love these two superhero sets, You're Super and Super Boy, from My Favorite Things.  I was so happy when they came out with the Super Boy set to go with You're Super set, especially since I thought it would be perfect for my boys' cards.  I'm a big fan of superheroes and watched quite a bit of movies with them.  I remember watching Saturday morning cartoons with my brother and since he dominated the remote, we watched a lot of superhero shows.  Thank goodness, I liked them too.  I remembered that we carried on the tradition even when I came home from college.  Good times!  Anyway, I knew I had to use these sets for a father's day card for Honey.  He really is my superhero and save the day a lot.  I am blessed to have found him.  Hope he is not peeking at this post yet.  ;-)

I used My Favorite Things: Sketch #228 to create this card.  I used one of the MFT Blueprint #16 dies to round the bottom of a 4"x5.25" cardstock.  Then I stamped the city from You're Super set before using Distress ink to create the sky.  Then I die cut a circle and used Distress ink(Wild Honey) on the edges to give it some depth before I stamped the sentiment.  I layered a white cardbase with the card, before stamping the father's day sentiment.  Then I stamped the boy and colored him with Copic markers before adhering him with foam tape.  I finished the card with star sequins.
 I love how it came out and I love making it too.  I can't wait to give it to Honey.

Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

You might also like:

3 comments:

  1. Outstanding card! Your colouring is fabulous and you totally nailed the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding card! Your colouring is fabulous and you totally nailed the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Meghan! This was a fun card to color and to make. Thanks for stopping by. Happy crafting! --Linda

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!