Monday, July 6, 2015

Nautical Smiles

Hello everyone!  I love sailboats!  I love seeing them, especially around sunset time.  It falls under the category of most romantic sight for me.  When Simon Says Stamp came out with their Sail Away With Me Card kit and it was nautical themed, I was so excited!  I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.  Also, nothing speaks of summer to me more than a sailboat.  Reminds me of when I was younger, and my brother and his family used to take me out fishing by the bay.  We saw some amazing sailboats and boats.  Anyway, I used Freshly Made Sketches #193 to create this card using the Simon Says Stamp July 2015 card kit.
Following the sketch, I layered the card base with pattern paper from the kit.  Then I stamped the sailboats and color them with Copic markers before cutting them out and placing them onto the card with foam tape.  After that, I stamped the clouds and cut them out before adhering them to the card.   I stamped the sentiment from Mama Elephant Up and Away to finish the card.
  I love the colors in this card and of course, the sailboats!


Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

You might also like:

4 comments:

  1. Loving these sailboats! Cute as can be! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! The sailboats are so cute and I love the scene you've created for them. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! I love those sailboats! So fun! Love that mix of paper as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a lovely scene you've made with the SSS card kit, fabulous card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!