Monday, July 27, 2015

Penguin Cheers!

Hello everyone!  I apologize for missing last week's post.  I was too busy to blog my creations.  Between summer activities and my garden, blogging is the last thing on the list.  I am thoroughly enjoying my gardens this summer, not just the flowers, but also the fruits and vegetables I am getting out of them. Anyway, this Penguins in Paradise set from My Favorite Things is perfect to use on birthday and summer related cards.  These penguins are just adorable and I couldn't wait to color them in.  And oh yes, shaker cards are still one of my favorites to make. 
First, I stamped and color in the penguin with Copic markers before cutting it out.  I also stamped the sun from My Favorite Things Every Day is a Picnic on pattern paper before cutting it out.  Then I used dies from Papertrey Ink's Sprinkle and Shaker kit to create the frame for the shaker, as well as cutting the foam.  I stamped the sentiment from My Favorite Things Written In Watercolor set on pattern paper before gluing on some sequins.  Then I assembled the shaker and added the sequins and beads before sealing them in.  I added the shaker to the card base before adding the penguin and sun to the corners of the shaker. 
Sorry about the glare.  This penguin is sooo adorable!  


Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

You might also like:

1 comment:

  1. Such an adorable of shaker card. Great take on Sparkle and Shine challenge. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!