Monday, August 31, 2015

Island Birthday Wishes

Hello everyone!  I'm back with another card that I made using My Favorite Things Polynesian Paradise set.  This time I am using MFT Card Challenge: sketch #243 to create these two cards for my nieces.  Since I love watercolor so much, I had to use some of it to make my background for these cards.  I haven't made square cards in a while, so it felt good to them again.
 Using the MFT sketch, I layered the background with stitched square die cut made with one of the MFT blueprint #14 dies.  Then I die cut a stitched square on watercolor paper and color it to create a background for my island girl.  After the background dried, I stamped the sentiment and add it onto the card.
 I stamped the island girl and the tree from MFT Penguins In Paradise set and color them both with Copic markers.
 I adhered the tree to the card and used foam tape for the girl to pop her up.
 For the inside of the card, I stamped a birthday sentiment from Hero Arts Many Birthday Messages set and added the flowers that I stamped and color from the MFT Polynesian Paradise set.
 I created the same card again and just changed the color of her top and flower.
 I got these envelopes from my niece and have not used them since I have not created any square cards and found them to be perfect for these cards.

Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

You might also like:

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Linda - love the tropical feel you created - makes me wish I was still on holiday!!
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.
    Hugs,
    Caryn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards! Your coloring is wonderful, I love the scene you created. So glad you joined us at MFT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours and the cute scene you've created ;o) Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!