Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sunny Smiles

Hello everyone!  I decided to spoil myself a little when I took a trip to NYC and stopped at The Ink Pad.  I had to pick up this set, Polynesian Paradise, from My Favorite Things, since I love all things from Birdie Brown.  The girl from this set is sooo adorable, and I couldn't wait to color her with Copic markers.  I have been on a watercolor kick lately, but I just wanted to color her in Copics first before anything else.  I used Freshly Made Sketch #201 to create this card.
 First, I stamped green cardstock with one of the flowers from the same MFT set, Polynesian Paradise, with Versamark ink repeatedly to create the background.  Then I added it to the cardbase before stamping the sentiment on blue cardstock and adding it to the card based on the sketch.
  I stamped the clouds from Simon Says Stamp Sailing set, and added it to the card as well as a circle die cut.  Then I stamped the girl and bird, and color them with Copics before adding them to the card.  To finish the card, I used a glitter pen to add some bangles on her.  What a fun card to make!
Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love this stamp set, but I'm sure that without your incredible talent with those copics, it wouldn't be the same. The design is perfection and you made it work so well with the sketch. Love, love, love! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL craftsmanship! Well done on the sketch and using your stamps and supplies! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!