Saturday, August 1, 2015

Watercolor Notecard Set and Extras

Hello everyone!  It has been one of those weeks where mojo and motivation have both taken a vacation together.  I have been busy doing something crafty though, just not having the time to post it.  I have been really into watercolors and when Winnie and Walter came out with this floral set, In Bloom: Addie's Garden, I knew it would be perfect for watercoloring.  I made a set of these cards for my mother-in-law for her birthday.  I love the way it came out and the colors.
 
 I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out an envelope box using this design.
For the cards, I stamped the flowers from Winnie and Walter In Bloom: Addie's Garden set with Versamark ink and added clear embossing powder before heat embossing them.  I used my Koi watercolor set to color the flowers and background.  Then I stamp the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Hand Lettered Winter Wishes set, once the card was dried and added the card to the card base layered with scalloped die cut.
Finally, I added a butterfly sticker from Little B to finish the card.



I changed it up a little here and added a die cut sentiment from Mama Elephant.  Then I stamped the rest of the sentiment from Winnie and Walter The Big, The Bold and The Happy set before cutting it into a banner shape and adding it to the card.
Since I loved the set so much I made a birthday card for my sister with the same design with a change in sentiment.
For this card, I masked off the flowers before stamping the leaves.  I did everything in sections and made sure to use my embossing buddy to help with stray powder.  I also add a die cut sentiment from Mama Elephant to finish the card.


Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

You might also like:

5 comments:

  1. This set is so beautiful. Love how you colored them. So glad to have found you at Simon Says Stamp blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting my blog, Andie, and for your kind comment. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful notecards! Such pretty images and wonderful designs!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!