Monday, October 12, 2015

Skating Reindeer

Hello everyone! I just spent the weekend in NYC and had a fantastic time!  I went to Mama Elephant's 3rd Birthday Party, and it was my first time going to one of their parties.  I had a great time! I have to admit that I can be painfully shy, and on top of that, intimidated by all the talent in the room.  Everybody seem to know each other which made it even more intimidating.  But of course, it was all me, since everyone was very friendly and nice.  Sharing the love of Mama Elephant and papercrafting broke all kind of barriers.  I was expecting to see the talented Kryssi and Angela, of course, but I was surprised to see the great Kathy Racoosin there.  She is super nice and friendly, and gave us demos of her coloring techniques with Copics.  Yup, I was in the same room as these superstars of the papercrafting world.  I was hoping the talent would somehow rubbed off on me.  Ha, ha!  Anyway, I got to meet some lovely people, and even won one of the raffle, a $25 gift certificate to Ellen Hutson!  Wooohooo!!  Thank you, Mama Elephant!!!   Thank you not only for the great prize but for a great event!  Overall, an awesome time and a must attend event, if you are available.
Mama Elephant also had their new release available for purchase along with their other products.  I had to pick up their new Reindeer Games set since they are simply ADORABLE!!!  A couple of them look like they can be skating so I had to combine it with their Merry and Jolly set to create this card.
I kept this card clean and simple by stamping on Neenah 120# cardstock so it will not bleed through when I colored with Copic markers.  I used Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue ink to stamp the "Merry" and Versafine black for the rest of the sentiment.  I also stamped the reindeer in Memento black before coloring him in with Copic markers.  I finished the card with Sakura glitter pen on the nose and hooves.  I had a hard time photographing this card, for some reason but it looks way better in person.    

Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. He's skating on the tail of the sentiment - wonderful design! What a party that must have been in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that reindeer looks like it is having SO much fun!! :) thank you for joining us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!