Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Simple Nativity Scene

Hello everyone!  I'm in the thick of it now...getting ready for the holidays.  I was in a major panic mode right after Thanksgiving since Christmas seemed so close and there was a lot to be done.  After getting some baking and cooking done, and most of the shopping done last week, I felt a lot better.  I am, like every year, determined to have at least one week to enjoy the festivities before Christmas and new years, so I rush like mad in the beginning.  :-D  Anyway, I am working on my Christmas cards and I am trying to keep it simple but it never works out that way.  I love this Simon Says Stamp Nativity set.  They remind of the Willow Tree figurines that my husband and I both love.
Nativity Card
This was a simple card to make but time consuming because of the coloring.  Frankly, it was just what I really needed with all the stress in the life at the moment, and that is minus the holiday stuff.  First, I stamped the Holy family and used my Copic markers to color them in.  Then I masked them off to used my Distress tool and ink to create the background and ground.

Holy Family: (E31,E55,E57) (B12,B14,B16) (BV01,BV13,B05) (YG03,YG17,G94)
Background Sky: Distress inks (Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserve and Chipped Sapphire)
Background Ground: Distress Ink (Fossilized Amber)

I love the simplicity of it and only stamp a sentiment inside the card from the same set.  Though seeing it on the screen is making me think that I need a sentiment in the front.  We'll see if I alterate it after a few days.  :-)

Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!


You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!