Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Cute Valentine Cards

Hello everyone!  I was recently inspired by a video from Vicky Papaioannou where she created 10 cards using the card kit from Simon Says Stamp.  I decided to go back to my card kit from February and used the materials from that kit.  I created these three cards from the pattern paper and used one of the sentiment.  One thing I learned from the video from Vicky is to keep it simple and it is okay to use stickers, not everything have to be stamped.  I feel like I always am trying to do something different and the card had to be a long process for it to be a good card.   I finally gave myself the okay to chill out and appreciate it, even though the card took me only minutes to make.  I also used a heart dies set from Little B.  I love how they packaged their dies with a magnetic sheet and have embossing possibilities for their die cuts too.
 I used my My Favorite Things stitched rectangle die to cut the pattern paper to create a background.  Then I used the heart dies to cut hearts in pink and red and used Distress ink to add color to the edge.  I used the stamps from Winnie&Walter to stamp the sentiment on the pink heart.
One of them I used a rub-on from the February kit 's Crate Paper Kiss Kiss collection.  I've never used rub-ons before, but I love how easy it was.

I stamped the dogs and color them with Copic markers.  I used foam adhesive to placed the dogs onto the card after the hearts were adhered to the card.


Crate Paper's Kiss Kiss 6x6 pattern paper and Rub on
Winnie & Walter  The Big, The Bold and Friends stamp set
Mama Elephant Playful Puppies stamp set
Lawn Fawn Critters At The Dog Park stamp set
My Favorite Things You Make My Tail Wag stamp set
Little B Cutting Dies Nesting Hearts
Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

You might also like:

1 comment:

  1. Adorable Valentine's!! Those dog images are just too sweet!! Cute designs!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!