Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Floral Slider Birthday card

Hello everyone!  I wanted to make a slider card so I searched for instructions on youtube and I found Darlene Devries' video on how to make one.  I was inspired by Darlene Devries' post of double slider card.  I used the same measurements and followed her instructions on making a slider.
I love Altenew's Beautiful Day stamp set and couldn't wait to use it on this card.  With the warm weather, I feel like spring is around the corner but I got a feeling it is just the beginning of winter of yet to come.

I cut out all the cardstock to the sizes that Darlene specified.  I stamped the flowers from Altenew Beautiful Day, the hummingbird and butterflies from WPlus9 Flora and Fauna 2 set and color everything that can be colored with Copic markers.
 I used Distress Ink (Blue China) and blending tool to add color to the cardstock before stamping the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Birthday Bits sets.

For the main sentiment, I die cut the word, "birthday", from Mama Elephant and layered the die cuts 4 times.  I stamped the "happy" sentiment from Papertrey Ink Stylish Sentiments: Birthday set.

I love how it came out!  Not bad for my first time. ;-)

Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

You might also like:

3 comments:

  1. This turned out really cute. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing card ! So pretty and I love your layout.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card looks like porcelain it is so beautifully colored and stamped. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 217th- FF AG challenge! Our first challenge in 2016. Praying you will have a Blessed, Prosperous, Peaceful and Creative 2016, Carole

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!