Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Lots of Love With Winter Stamps

Hello everyone!  One of my New Year's Resolutions is to be better about what craft supplies to purchase.  I'm running out of room and also, I realize that I have a huge backlog of stamps that I have hardly used or have not used at all.  I know, I'm so bad!  I'm trying to be better about it.  I try really hard to restrain myself from purchasing everything that I love and there is a lot that I love coming from the CHA show.  :-D  Lately, I have sat on purchases for a few months and sure enough, there was always something else that I liked even more.  Also, I try to purchase items in categories that I don't have or stamp sets that can be used in multiple occasions.  For example, last year I was searching for butterflies stamps since I don't really have any in photopolymer and only bought that along with others I don't have in different categories.  I know eventually I will have to sell some of ones I don't use or donate which is really hard since I do have a slight touch of hoarding tendencies. :-D  Hey, don't judge.  :-)  Anyway, that being said.  I loved the Lawn Fawn's Toboggan Together set and couldn't resist getting it.  Here I am stretching it to use with a Happy Valentine's Day sentiment inside.  Also, I used some stamps in my stash that I've never used that I got a long time ago.  So this card is a win-win.

First, I stamped the background with Hero Arts Tiny Star Background stamp and Versamark ink on a stitched rectangle die cut.  I embossed it with Zing white embossing powder and inked up the background with blending tool and Distress ink (broken china and chipped sapphire).
I die cut some stitched hills with MFT Die-namics Stitched Snow Drifts and placed them onto the card.  Then I stamped the trees, penguin and sled with hearts and color them in with Copic markers.  I placed them onto the card and added the sentiment from Avery Elle Lots of Love set.  I finished the card with Wink of Stella on the trees and hearts.
Lawn Fawn Toboggan Together set
Avery Elle Lots of Love set
Stampin' Up Loads of Love & Accessories sets
MFT Die-namics Stitched Snow Drifts
Hero Arts Tiny Star Background stamp (not shown)

Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

Challenges/Giveaway:
- Simon Says Stamp: Ombre Challenge


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

You might also like:

1 comment:

  1. hello Linda! super cute card, luv the depth and your coloring! I am thrilled you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!