Thursday, February 18, 2016

Skiing and Snowboarding Critters!

Hello everyone!  Both my boys love skiing and with the lack of snow in our area this year, they were jealous of any location getting snow.  They were super happy to finally get some snow recently and couldn't wait to play in it.  For one of my son's birthday, I thought I create the snow scene with his favorite activity.  When I saw the Simon Says Stamp Skater Kids set of these skate boarders, I knew I wanted to turn them into snow boarders and skiers.  This card was so much fun to make and I love these critters.  I had to include all his favorites.

First, I stamped and heat emboss the night sky using Hero Arts background stamp.  Then I used Distress inks(Broken China and Blue Sapphire) to bring out the stars.  I die cut the hills with MFT Stitched Hills dies and placed them on the card with foam adhesive for the top hill after I stamped the sentiment from WPlus9 Winter Pal set.  I stamped part of the critters and drew in skis, poles and snowboard. Then I colored them with Copic markers.  I stamped the balloons from Simon Says Stamp Birthday Bits and trees from Lawn Fawn Toboggan Together and colored them in as well.

I placed everything into the card with foam adhesive and glue.  I finished the card with Wink of Stella and crystal lacquer on the balloons. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!