Monday, March 7, 2016

Floral Anniversary Cards

Hello everyone!  I have become a big fan of Altenew stamps and love Marika Rahtu's work.  She recently posted a card and tutorial using the Altenew Peony Bouquet set that made me so excited to try out her techniques.  Her cards and coloring are phenomenal if you have not been to her site!  I thought I give her coloring technique a try by CASE-ing her card first.  I didn't have the same colors so I selected something similar in the pink shade.  After that I decided to vary the design to make it my own.  It is amazing how the dark marker can make the image pop.
Anniversary card made with Altenew Peony Bouquet
First, I embossed a white cardstock with Cuttlebug Kaleidoscope embossing folder and cut it in half diagonally.  Then I cut a blue cardstock diagonally that I stamped the sentiment on from Fresh Squeezed Stamps before placing it onto the card base.
I stamped the peonies using Memento Summer Sky ink and colored them in with Copic markers (B00, B12, B14).  Then I cut the strip of flowers and placed it onto the cardbase with foam tape.  I finished the card with Pretty Pink Posh sparkling sequins.
For this pink card, I used RV00, RV02 and RV23 to color the flowers to CASE Marika's card but did not use any color pencils.



Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. Wow two stunning looking cards, they are both so eye catching. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, love your designs
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!