Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Beach Babes

Hello, everyone!  I love the girlfriends series from Art Impressions.  They remind me so much of my girlfriends.  Where ever we are, there is always laughter and an adventure waiting for us.  I had to make this card for one of my girlfriends who is going to a tropical island.  We will be with her in spirit, for sure.
Art Impressions Beach Babes stamp set from Michaels with Lawn Fawn Life Is Good set
 Even though it is a one layer card, this card took some time to make with all the Copic coloring.  I masked off the main image to fit another gal in.  I also masked off part of the image to fit the palm trees from Lawn Fawn Life Is Good set.  I had to improvise a little and extend the tree to make it taller and in the background.
After coloring the ladies and the tree, I colored in the sand and sky.  I stamped the starfish and scallop shell and colored them in at this point.
I used my micron.005 pen to go over all the images to make them pop and give the image the same outline look.  This is the most nerve-racking part of the card since it takes only one false move to mess up the whole card.  I did not outline the sun since I want it to be muted and bright from the colors, not the lines.  Finally, I used my C03 to create the shadows.

Thanks for stopping by.  Happy crafting!

You might also like:

1 comment:

  1. hello Linda! super cute card, I am luving your coloring! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!